The process of giving birth can cause immense strain on your body. Most mothers will agree that the body exhibits a variety of physical changes after childbirth, including stretched abdominal muscles and skin, sagging breasts, and weight gain in areas that were once toned. Blair Plastic Surgery is pleased to offer women postpartum surgery, the body contouring procedure most commonly referred to as a "mommy makeover."
Each postpartum surgery is personally designed for the individual patient based on her unique body goals. Women do not have to pick the area they would most like to improve: With this surgery, you can combine two or more procedures into one rejuvenating, comprehensive surgical session.
To learn more about the many options available to you in postpartum surgery, please contact Blair Plastic Surgery today at (800) 833-3888.
Mommy Makeover Options
Here is a list of some of the enhancements offered as part of Blair Plastic Surgery’s mommy makeover procedure:
- Tummy tuck: The tummy tuck procedure can help women who have given birth to tighten, tone, and firm the stomach area. Pennsylvania plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Louton removes excess skin and tightens the abdominal muscles for a flatter appearance. Patients with excess flab in the tummy area may also add on a liposuction procedure to improve their results.
- Breast augmentation: The pregnancy period and subsequent breastfeeding can take a harsh toll on the appearance of breasts, causing sagging and loss of volume. Dr. Louton offers several different shapes, sizes, and styles of breast implants to help you achieve a more youthful breast contour with your breast enlargement procedure.
- Breast lift: The breast lift is a procedure designed to combat sagging. It is not a solution to small breasts, but it can create a more “perky” breast appearance. During this procedure, the skin is manipulated and the nipple is repositioned for a rejuvenated look.
- Liposuction: Becoming a mother can mean weight gain from both pregnancy and lack of time to focus on your health and fitness. Liposuction helps you target problem areas such as the thighs, hips, and stomach.
- Arm lift: If you have excess skin on the upper arms, an arm lift can help you feel a lot more confident in sleeveless shirts and dresses. While this procedure does not directly address the after effects of giving birth, it is often chosen as a complementary enhancement.
If you are looking to regain your figure after giving birth, please contact our Pennsylvania plastic surgery office today to set up a consultation with Dr. Louton. Blair Plastic Surgery has offices conveniently located in Altoona and State College, Pennsylvania. Schedule a one-on-one appointment by filling out the form on this page or calling (800) 833-3888 today.