The holidays are right around the corner, and we all know what that means – New Year’s Resolutions! Instead of making a resolution that you know will be ridiculously hard to keep, here’s a list of 10 resolutions that will be easy and beneficial for your skin and health!
1. WEAR SUNSCREEN EVERY DAY – We know, we know…we preach this every blog almost. But that should tell you how important a daily SPF of 30 or higher is! Many women don’t like the texture of sunscreen, but with so many new formula’s coming out, it’s easy to find one you like. Look for "nongreasy" or "sheer" on the label. Try our private-label Topix spray zinc, or La Roche Posay’s “Shaka” Anthelios 60 Ultra-Light Fluide, available at www.skincarekorner.com.
2. TAKE OFF YOUR MAKEUP AT NIGHT- As someone who is a guilty party when it comes to night time makeup remover, this will absolutely be one of my resolutions this year! You've known since middle school that makeup can mix with skin oils and dirt to cause zits. Cosmetics can also trap skin-damaging free radicals that float in the air (think: bus exhaust) against your skin. But it always seems like such a hassle to drag yourself to the bathroom and splash water everywhere! So what can make it easier? If you have no plans for the evening, wash you face as soon as you get home and into your comfy clothes! Still too burdening? Use a makeup remover towelette for easy makeup removal.
3. BOOK A YEARLY MOLE CHECK – It’s once a year, but having a mole checkup is crucial, even if you are doing monthly self exams. It could mean the difference between life and death.
4. EXFOLIATE REGULARLY – The first thing we notice as we get older is our dull complexion. Did you know a baby’s skin replenishes itself every 14 days, but by age 30, it takes 28 days? Scrub away the dead skin with an exfoliator! Try Vivite’s Exfoliating Facial Cleanser once or twice a week, or a daily cleanser containing glycolic acid such as Topix Glycolic 10% Cleanser, which will help your skin stay smooth and bright! Both are available at www.skincarekorner.com.
5. CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES - Brushes collect makeup, skin oils, and dead skin cells, making them a breeding ground for bacteria. Wash your tools twice a month with your facial cleanser or an antibacterial hand soap. Rinse well, squeeze out excess water, and allow to dry thoroughly before using again.