A facelift is rejuvenation surgery that goes beyond just tightening skin. Today’s full facelift extends below the skin to address the underlying facial muscles, creating a smooth, firm, and youthful appearance.
Years of experience have led board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Louton to do even more. Fat and tissue contribute as much to facial appearance as the underlying muscle and the overlying skin. A facelift with the most natural outcome will reduce, redistribute, and in some cases add fat to the face. The face does not stop at the jawbone, and a truly complete and comprehensive facelift also addresses the neck region.
Dr. Louton performs several different types of facial appearance enhancement procedures, including endoscopic facelift, 3-D facelift, mid-facelift, and MAC lift. He will recommend a particular option based on your personal aesthetic goals.
Here is a brief summary of your facelift options:
- Traditional facelifts or Standard Lower Face Facelift, offer a comprehensive facial rejuvenation and may be performed on an outpatient basis in our on-site, licensed surgical facility or at a local hospital if desired. This type of facelift addresses the lower face and neck only.
- Endoscopic facelifts are minimal incision facelifts performed with a surgical telescope, also called an endoscope. The endoscope requires only the smallest of incisions and therefore minimizes the size of any potential scars. This procedure is performed outpatient in our on-site, licensed surgical facility under general anesthesia or at a local hospital if desired. Dr. Louton typically performs forehead lifts and mid-face lifts through an endoscope.
- Mid-face lifts, or Central Oval Rejuvenation, is sometimes called minimal incision lifts or S-lifts, are outpatient procedures that address aging of the central part of the face. It is isolated to specific conditions such as the lower eye area, nasolabial folds, and marionette lines. It can also reposition sagging cheeks. This is a ponytail friendly facelift as it offers an incision that does not extend behind the ear or into the hairline.
- Suspension lifts (mini-lift, facial thread, featherlift, MAC lift, and APTOS) utilize specially designed suture threads to raise the skin of a low brow or a sagging cheek region. This procedure does not affect the underlying muscles or reduce excess skin. Suspension lifts are useful as an interim step to a facelift, but not all patients are good candidates. The results are not as long lasting as other “true’ facelift options. It is performed on an outpatient basis under local or light anesthesia with sedation, and general anesthesia is an option.
- Composite facelift or 3-D (dimensional) facelift is a combination of facial surgical procedures for maximum facial rejuvenation results. The typical combination includes an endoscopic forehead and mid-face lift, upper and lower blepharoplasty (eye lift), and traditional facelift and/or neck lift. The best combination for achieving your specific goals is determined at your private consultation with Dr. Robert Louton.
Facelift Before & After Photos
Please call Blair Plastic Surgery at 800-833-3888 today to learn more about the facelift options we offer.
What to Expect After Your Facelift
After the traditional facelift, most of our patients can return to work in about two weeks. Keep in mind that healing is a progressive and personalized process. Within a week, stitches are removed, and despite some puffiness and noticeable incision lines, some patients are ready to venture out into the world. Within a few more weeks, you will be looking like yourself, only a younger version.
Patients should limit strenuous activity for 3 weeks or more and sun exposure for several months. Facelift results can last as many as 15 years, depending on individual lifestyle and genetic factors.
Add a Procedure for Dramatic Results
- Consider liposuction to reduce excess fat pockets beneath the chin and in some areas of the midface, such as above the nasolabial folds or in the jowls.
- Laser resurfacing can improve the appearance of surface wrinkles and skin discoloration. Areas commonly resurfaced at the time of a facelift include: around the mouth, around the eyes, and across the forehead.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is recommended prior to surgery to relax the underlying muscles, or following surgery to maintain post-operative results.
- Lip augmentation is a common facial rejuvenation procedure performed using injectable fillers. In conjunction with your facelift, lip augmentation can balance and refine your overall youthful appearance.
- Redefine your cheek bone with strategically placed injectable fillers or your own transferred fat.
If you are interested in a facelift to help you regain a more youthful appearance, please contact Blair Plastic Surgery in Central Pennsylvania today by calling 800-833-3888 or completing our online form to schedule your confidential first visit. We offer both a free nurse consultation and a consultation with the doctor. We have offices conveniently located in both State College and Altoona, PA.