FACELIFT (Rhytidectomy) – FACT SHEET
- DO NOT sunburn or suntan surgical area one month prior to procedure.
- Wash hair before surgery with antibacterial soap.
- Keep head elevated at all times. Sleep in a recliner or with head elevated using 3-4 pillows.
- Your face will be taped for 7 days
- You will need to keep tape dry. Sponge bathe or tub bathe.
- You will also have a facial sling from the top of your head and around your chin for one week. Additionally, this facial sling should be worn at night for the remainder of 30 days.
- Take all medications as prescribed.
- No lifting or exertion for 2 weeks.
- You may begin gentle walking 1 mile a day after 2 weeks.
- No exercise for 1 month.
- You may develop bruising and swelling. Elevation is best for this.
- DO NOT USE ICE
- Sutures in front of the ear will be removed at your 1 week follow up appointment. The remaining sutures and staples behind the ears will be removed at your 2 week follow up appointment.
Signs of Infection
- If wound becomes red, swollen, tender or hot to touch.
- If red streaks are seen coming from the operative area.
- If you develop a fever
- If the wound breaks open or begin draining.
- If there is a constant or increasing pain at wound site.
Please notify Dr. Louton for any problems day or night at (814) 949-7280