OTOPLASTY – FACT SHEET
- DO NOT sunburn or suntan surgical area one month prior to procedure.
- Keep wound site clean and dry.
- Keep head elevated above the level of the heart to prevent swelling and reduce discomfort.
- If bleeding occurs, hold pressure over the wound site. If bleeding persists, notify Dr. Louton immediately
- Take acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) every 4 hours as needed for pain unless another medication is prescribed by Dr. Louton.
- You will wear a head dressing for 5 days, please keep this dry.
- No exertion or lifting for 2 weeks.
- You may begin gentle walking 1 mile a day after 2 weeks.
- No exercise for 1 month.